The Summer Engineering Academy is a collection of summertime programs for middle and high school students that introduce them to engineering disciplines through exciting real-world challenges.
Sign up HERE to add yourself to the mailing list and receive notifications of the 2019 Summer Programs.
NOTE: All dates, format and curriculum may change for Summer 2019.
2018 Summer Engineering Academy | Program Dates
|SCEEP I||June 17, 2018 – June 28, 2018|
|SCEEP II||July 15, 2018 – July 26, 2018|
SCEEP (Summer College Engineering Exposure Program)
Current 11th graders
The Summer College Engineering Exposure Program (SCEEP) is an 11-day residential program that exposes current U.S. domestic 11th-grade students to the engineering disciplines offered at U-M. The program includes:
- Exposure to life on a college campus while living in Bursley Residential Hall
- Classes designed to help students develop an understanding of engineering
- Team-focused project-based learning through engineering design challenges
- Informal discussions with College of Engineering alumni, faculty, staff, and students
- Campus tours and workshops
- 40-60 students are accepted in total
For complete program information and FAQs, click HERE.
2018 Program Costs
- The total program cost is $2,000 per participant. However, through university support and donor funds, the final cost per participant is $500.00
- Financial assistance available. Additional information regarding financial assistance to subsidize the $500.00 may be requested
- Fees are not due until after the student has been accepted into the program
- Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the Detroit/Ann Arbor, MI area
*Financial support is possible based on demonstrated need. Cost should not deter you from applying to SEA! For Michigan residents only, please apply for the Watson A. Young Scholarship.
For more K-12 program opportunities offered at the University of Michigan, click HERE.